The RFS wishes to appoint an Intern to research, write, design and publish case studies on award winning woodlands throughout England.
Job title: Intern
Date: An eight week placement between June and September, starting date to be agreed.
Location: RFS HQ, Upton Estate, Banbury, Oxon and home base
Responsible to: Development Director will supervise and mentor the Intern.
Main purpose of the job: Write case studies of award winning woodlands from the RFS Excellence in Forestry competition and conduct forest mensuration in selected woodlands.
- Collect information for each of the six award winners in the 2014 RFS Excellence in Forestry competition from the judges, woodland owners/agents, independent field and desk top research.
- Organise photography and maps for each of the case studies.
- Write and design a case study for each woodland following a similar format to those published in 2013 – see http://www.rfs.org.uk/learning/case-studies
- Secure approval to publish the case study from the RFS and woodland owner.
- Publish the case studies on the RFS web site and liaise with the RFS Communications officer to ensure wide publicity.
- A keen interest in and good basic knowledge of forestry and woodland management science and practice.
- Strong IT, web and desk top publishing skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to structure work without close supervision and work independently to tight deadlines.
- Reliable, diligent and self-motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel in England.
- Studying for an undergraduate degree or recently graduated in forestry, countryside management or an environmental science course where woodland management is part of the curriculum.
- Full driving licence, access to vehicle.
- None required.
Full detail, and how to apply, can be found on the PDF below.
|Attachment||(click to download)||Size|