- RFS welcomes £1.5 million for Chalara research but calls for more support for landowners
27 March 2013
The RFS has welcomed a £1.5 million research project to identify Chalara-resistant ash trees, but is appealing for an expansion of the ‘high priority’ area of support for landowners.
- James Cup win for article challenging Douglas fir yield forecasts
17 March 2013
Donald Macdonald, Cowdray Estate Head Forester, has scooped the prestigious James Cup which is awarded each year to the best article in the RFS Quarterly Journal of Forestry (QJF...
- Unique Jubilee Windsor chair presented at Buckingham Palace
12 February 2013
A unique Windsor chair made from the best of UK-sourced elm and yew, and commissioned by the Royal Forestry Society to mark Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, has been presented...
- RFS warmly welcomes Government’s response to Independent Panel on Forestry
31 January 2013
The Royal Forestry Society (RFS) has warmly welcomed the Government’s response today to the Independent Panel on Forestry’s Final Report, saying they will provide the vital impetus required...
- Clock is ticking to spotlight the truly tree…mendous
30 January 2013
Woodland owners, managers and woodland lovers have until 4 March 2013 to enter this year’s RFS Excellence in Forestry Awards. There are five woodland categories and a Schools award. The...
- RFS calls for Government commitment to Forestry Commission England
23 January 2013
The Royal Forestry Society (RFS) is calling on the Government to maintain a strong, focused Forestry Commission in England and warns that it would strongly oppose any merger with Natural...